Dogwood Ltd. has an opening for a Service Coordinator/Dispatcher to join our team at our office in Surrey, BC.
We work on commercial renovations, tenant improvements and facility maintenance for renowned businesses who trust in the quality of our work.
The Service Coordinator/Dispatcher performs a variety of dispatching and administrative tasks. The person in this position is responsible for subcontractor management, scheduling service work and projects, ensuring the ordering of materials and equipment, and is highly customer-oriented with an understanding of the trades and construction industry.
Why work for us:
• Teamwork, communication, cooperation, diversity & inclusion
• Competitive wages
• Benefits (extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, travel medical insurance, employee-assistance program)
• Paid personal days in addition to vacation time and sick time
• Hybrid work-from-home option after probationary period
• Flexible start times
• Opportunities for growth / career path
• Continued education / Tuition reimbursement
· Performing a variety of administrative and dispatch functions.
· Assisting the team with scheduling and coordinating the workflow of subcontractors.
· Sourcing new subcontractors and vendors and adding them into database.
· Gathering quotes from various types of subcontractors and negotiating pricing.
· Supporting the preparation of quotes.
· Updating subcontractor and vendor spreadsheets.
· Following up on the WCB insurance for subcontractors.
· Following up on contracts, their submission and signatures from subcontractors.
· Reviewing WIP (work in progress) and requesting weekly paperwork from subcontractors.
· Checking service emails frequently to categorize jobs.
· Creating work orders.
· Administrative tasks – maintaining a well-organized document control system for multiple projects.
· Coordinating and communicating effectively with team members and other branches.
· Responsible for creating new client accounts.
· Responsible for communicating all relevant information between clients and subcontractors.
· Sending completion details to customers on a daily basis through their requested portals.
· Supporting the tracking of service work and small to medium projects from start to finish.
· Shared responsibility for emergency after-hour calls as per the branch’s rotation schedule.
· Assisting in calculating time and materials on work orders and prepare for invoicing.
· Responsible for ordering materials and supplies for small to medium size projects.
· Responsible for scheduling repairs and maintenance on tools and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
· 3+ years of experience as a dispatcher within the construction or trades industry
· 2 years of administrative experience
· Some supervisory experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Knowledge of Salesforce an asset
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and a level of assertiveness with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Strong communication skills – written and verbal
· Ability to prioritize tasks
· Ability to solve problems effectively
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your resume to us. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We cultivate teamwork and cooperation. If you would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.dogwoodltd.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year