Solution: Pest Prevention
We strike at the source of pest problems by eliminating the source of pests in your business or facility. The exact nature of the work is custom tailored to your specific needs and budget, but often includes any of the following:
- Seal cracks and holes, including entry points for utilities, conduits, cables and pipes.
- Pest-proof weather-stripping and trim around doors, entryways and rolling
- Install trim and flashing along walls and floors to prevent entry.
- Build or repair proper garage disposal areas.
- Keep spaces as well ventilated and dry as possible. This includes repairing drainage systems, installing fans/ vents, etc.
- Clear tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the building.
Pest Control vs Pest Prevention
If you get a flat tire on your car, you have two choices:
You can keep putting air in every day and hope things don’t get worse, or…
You can have it patched.
This is the difference between Pest Control versus Pest Prevention.
Pest Control involves eliminating existing pests through the use of traps, sprays and other measures.
Pest Prevention is the steps taken to dramatically reduce or stop pest infestations from reoccurring.
Both are important
But only prevention strikes at the source of the problem.